WE ARE HIRING
We currently have one Job Opening at DCK. See below.
Costumes Manager 2018
Dance Centre Kenya is looking for Costumes Manager
Dance Centre Kenya (DCK) is a dance school with three locations in Nairobi i.e. in Karen Hardy, Lavington Mall and Rosslyn Riviera Mall. We currently train around 500 students of all ages and backgrounds. We are looking for an experienced and motivated full-time Costumes Manager who can represent our dance studio in a professional manner. This person must be assertive, highly motivated have excellent inter-personal skills and be good with children. The right candidate will be a team-player and quick learner. No previous knowledge of dance is required but an interest in performance would be an advantage.
The job will largely be office / studio based and during set hours (to be determined) but working overtime will be required during public performances and rehearsals.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Organizing costumes in the storage room
- Ensuring that all needed costumes for a show are ready and in usable condition
- Managing construction of new costumes whenever needed
- Ensuring all required fabric and materials are acquired for costume construction
- Sewing and repairing costumes (if they have sewing skills)
- Keeping records of all costumes in the storage room
Person specification and requirements:
- Minimum education: School leaver Form 4, Certificate in Tailoring, additional qualifications preferable
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Excellent communication by phone, email and face-to-face
- Excellent organization skill
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills. Willingness to take on multiple tasks and a good eye for detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to interact positively with students, parents and colleagues with a feeling for customer service
- A warm and friendly personality who can confidently interact with students and parents from all backgrounds and cultures
- A resourceful person who is capable of working pro-actively and efficiently with minimal supervision, who follows through and is able to find creative solutions.
Essential and Desirable previous experience:
- Sewing/Tailoring skills
- Organization skills
- Record keeping skills